Start uploading again?

trilord

Start uploading again?

Mensajepor trilord » 05 Dic 2017 21:09

Ok, posting here as general discussion is gone?
I've added a few things and could possible start again in a reduced capacity.

I still like MEGA as its easy to creates accounts and loads of storage. Problem is they delete accounts if they are from duplicated emails, so that could be the problem i had when all my account were deleted.
Is there a decent free storage option that holds files for a while? I've looked at a few but they only keep files for 7 days.
If there's other options i'm open to try. Other option is torrents, but as these will be on my PC it might limit the accessibility of them.

Also. As i browse a few pages, there's the text that says it might be the last races. Is the site going forward to next years?
I know the problems with lack of patience from some people.. it doesn't make this any easier.

Let me know.. Thanks

Mookle

Re: Start uploading again?

Mensajepor Mookle » 06 Dic 2017 20:54

Nice to see you back Trilord.

I agree with you, I like MEGA and think it's the best solution. With all the users (I know not many are active but there must be 50 of us at least?) on the site maybe the duplicated email problem could be sorted by assigning each user an address (username.legendraces@gmail.com for example) and then setting up the MEGA accounts from there? Then just make sure that every account has the same password to make it easy for the person uploading the files to access and use.

Do you think that could work?

Also, I've not heard anything about the site shutting down, where did you read that?
/#44/#11/#14/#33/

trilord

Mensajepor trilord » 06 Dic 2017 22:18

its just little sentences i see because of the lack of patience with new users regarding the effort the posters put into the site. I'd understand that, the effort i put in, with respect to the people who do post here, the community is pretty poor... i don't know why though.
Maybe that is just me reading it the wrong way.

I suppose making new gmails each time take about the same time, still needs to log into MEGA each time with each new email.
I think the main concern is the lack of activity on each account, that probably what causes the account to be deleted..maybe original admin could check on one of their early MEGA account and see if its still there.

Mookle

Mensajepor Mookle » 07 Dic 2017 18:53

Oh, I agree with that. There are quite a lot of people on here who just take, take, take.

The Spanish side of the site seems to have a nicer community though, it's just a shame I don't speak much Spanish! :lol:

I've seen another site that uploads via several sources like google drive and streamango, and the links seem to stay up for a while...
/#44/#11/#14/#33/

trilord

Mensajepor trilord » 07 Dic 2017 22:03

Yeah, site is very tilted Spanish, i got no issue with that. Just the leeches that come here and bitch and moan about stuff.
I'm still surprised the site hasn't got more traffic, considering its one of only a few sites that have all the F1 races for free.
I don't speak Spanish, i rely on Google Translate for help, maybe sometimes it doesn't translate too well ;-)

GoogleDrive require money per month to get any real data. So that is a no-go.
If i was paying per month for storage, it would be a Seedbox (fast upload/download and very secure) and huge storage. But as there is not too much traffic here, it is not worth investing.

I think i'll keep with MEGA at the moment, i know what i'm doing with that :lol:

Mookle

Mensajepor Mookle » 08 Dic 2017 20:07

Do what's easiest for you definitely, you're the one putting yourself out by posting the files.
Maybe it's for the best that the traffic is limited though, otherwise you'd be contending with FOM takedowns as well as leaches! ;)
/#44/#11/#14/#33/

F1Admin
Site Admin

Mensajepor F1Admin » 13 Dic 2017 12:50

Hello again, trilord. Hello also to others.
I do not speak English either, that's why I use the Google translator.
It is true that the English side have less activity, but we do not have access to files in English. Now during the winter break is going to give a turn to the forum and is going to eliminate many of those users who only go fishing.
The truth is that it is not easy to administer a forum for a single person. I always ask for collaboration so that people share files from Mega, but nobody moves a finger. It's nice to be comfortably on the couch waiting for content. And everything is done for free, without asking for anything in return. The forum needs a facelift.
I hope I have explained.

Hola de nuevo, trilord. Hola también a los demas.
Yo tampoco domino el inglés, por eso uso el traductor de Google.
Es cierto, que la parte inglesa tienen menos actividad, pero no tenemos acceso a archivos en inglés. Ahora durante el parón de invierno se le va a dar un giro al foro y se va a eliminar a muchos de esos usuarios que solo entran a pescar.
La verdad es que no es sencillo administrar un foro por una unica persona. Siempre pido colaboración para que la gente comparta archivos desde Mega, pero nadie mueve un dedo. Es agradable estar comodamente en el sofá esperando contenidos. Y todo se hace de manera gratuita, sin pedir nada a cambio. El foro necesita un lavado de cara.
Espero haberme sabido explicar.
Aunque estemos solos..., más vale solos que...

trilord

Mensajepor trilord » 13 Dic 2017 13:48

Totally understand.
Site does need a bit of tidying up, maybe a bit of checking of dead files and merging the different season a bit (maybe have 3 different sub-topics split into Practice Qualifying and Races).
As i have access to a PC better now i could upload the seasons again, but not as i did before. Maybe do what i've just uploaded, like how WHu-SHu posts his seasons.
I think most of the English speaking folk got my seasons now anyway, so might just wait and see who pops up.

Also, could i have access to stuff on the site? I don't have access to Private Messages and cannot alter my profile.
Thanks

F1Admin
Site Admin

Mensajepor F1Admin » 13 Dic 2017 14:30

We reviewed it
Aunque estemos solos..., más vale solos que...

Volver a “PRÓXIMAS SUBIDAS / NEXT RELEASES”