Nico Rosberg Retires!!

This forum has been created for us to talk about Formula 1 and give our opinions. You can open your own discussions related to Formula 1.

Este forum esta pensado para que hablemos de Formula 1 y dar nuestras opiniones. Podeis abrir vuestras propias dicusiones acerca de Formula 1.
Baldie2k15

Re: Nico Rosberg Retires!!

Mensajepor Baldie2k15 » 02 Dic 2016 16:47

Very surprised by this tbh.

F1Admin
Site Admin

Mensajepor F1Admin » 02 Dic 2016 20:33

Yeah it is true but I think it is a smart move from Nico
He knows he is not good enough to win a back to back or even another championship ever.
He also knows that he's won thank to a dominant machine which is not going to be so dominant next year so his best move is retiring while he is champion instead of failing to comply next year...
Don't you all think so?
Aunque estemos solos..., más vale solos que...

F1Admin
Site Admin

Mensajepor F1Admin » 04 Dic 2016 17:01

As far as everyone would love to see a duel between Alonso and Hamilton, I don't think Toto will risk it. I think Mercedes will go for a driver like Ocon or someone really second class to give Hamilton relax and not having to deal with another internal war. Alonso would make things to hard for Hamilton...

trilord escribió:Talking of rumours.. A clause in Alonso's contract... that would be interesting. ;)
Button going back to his old Brawn team for a last year before Mercedes decides on which driver to chose full time..Its all open at the moment...

Bring on next year..

Luka77

Mensajepor Luka77 » 06 Dic 2016 00:40

One option that Haven't been mentioned anywhere is Raikkonen. No way Mclaren lets Alonso out and I don't think Ferrari would let Vettel either. A big name who would almost surely be outperformed by Hamilton at this stage in his career is Kimi and I'd imagine the price for Mercedes buying his services would be better than the money they'd have to pay for Vettel. I don't think they will give the car to one of their younger drivers.. It could be a very boring season if their car is as dominant as ever and the rookie driver (In a front running car) couldn't follow Hamilton... I think Raikkonen could at least get close and make the title fight a little bit interesting. But who knows, we have to wait and see... speculation is fun though! They could call Button or Massa aswell...

About Nico's decision, I think the mental toll of having to fight Hamilton for 3 years has been too much for him, and it makes sense for him to retire knowing he already achieved his dream and it wouldn't make sense for him to change teams or to go for another racing category when he had the car any driver on earth would like to drive... I don't believe he will be a Forgotten champion, he will be remembered as a very good but not elite driver who had great mental toughness and was able to outperform Michael Schumacher and to some extent Hamilton (Although never in a fight between them, in the sense of overtaking them on the track and delivering that highlight reel and defining moment..)

F1Admin
Site Admin

Mensajepor F1Admin » 06 Dic 2016 10:17

That's exactly what Toto wants, a boring season with Mercedes winning the WC without hiccups... It is a loss for the fans but they don't really care...

Luka77 escribió: It could be a very boring season if their car is as dominant as ever and the rookie driver (In a front running car) couldn't follow Hamilton...

Volver a “Hablemos de F1/Let's talk about F1”