what driver do you think is the best nowadays?

This forum has been created for us to talk about Formula 1 and give our opinions. You can open your own discussions related to Formula 1.

Este forum esta pensado para que hablemos de Formula 1 y dar nuestras opiniones. Podeis abrir vuestras propias dicusiones acerca de Formula 1.
F1Admin
Site Admin

what driver do you think is the best nowadays?

Mensajepor F1Admin » 31 Ago 2015 18:42

Tell us what driver you think is the best in the current season...
Is it all about having the best car? or being a good driver counts...
Aunque estemos solos..., más vale solos que...

iwatore

Re: what driver do you think is the best nowadays?

Mensajepor iwatore » 01 Sep 2015 11:47

Well, for me having the best car is very important but being a good driver is very important. This season for example, Mercedes are the best cars but you can see the difference between Hamilton and Rosberg... Hamilton is much better than Rosberg and one of the best nowadays but I'm looking forward to seeing Alonso driving a good car again... for me he is the best.... Raikonen is a little bit rusty and I think after Ferrari he will retire rather than driving for a modest team...

jc loz

Mensajepor jc loz » 15 Sep 2015 06:09

No doubt. Alonso is the best driver of the last years. But up to date is Lewis who is leading the parade. Although Vettel is in the fight his time as the best pilot has not come yet. The future I guess is Verstappen.

xxpammylanexx

Mensajepor xxpammylanexx » 05 Oct 2016 23:42

the best of the current drivers, i think, are vettel, ricciardo, button and alonso. and maybe hamilton.
vettel is extremely unlucky and frustrated at the moment which i find extremely sad, because he is a really great driver, potentially the best out of everyone. with button and alonso the car plays a huge role. they are way better than the car lets them be. especially fernando. to start from way back on the grid and still score points in the current mclaren takes an extremely good and experienced driver. with hamilton i'm not sure if he really is that good or if it's just the car that's really good. he's better than rosberg, but i'm not sure if he's a better driver than vettel. and at moment, ricciardo is really good too. he seems to get the best out of his car and he goes straight into every battle and comes out on top.

i gotta be honest though, i don't see what makes verstappen this good. he's good, but not THAT good. it might be his age, but he really needs to cool his jets a little. he's too impulsive and agressive. and what makes it worse is that he seemingly cannot accept critisism or learn from it. just because he doesn't get penalties for some of the risky things he's done, doesn't make doing them right. i've been a red bull fan for years, but verstappen really ticks me off a lot. i'd rather have carlos sainz jr promoted.

F1Admin
Site Admin

Mensajepor F1Admin » 06 Oct 2016 10:37

Among those four you mentioned I think Button doesn't belong there. He was world champion thanks to a trick in the car which made it completely dominant. After that, he didn't do anything impressive. I wouldn't include Hamilton either. He's been always driving for a top team and we all know that these last years driving a Mercedes is like taking a stroll and having Rosberg as your team mate is a gift.
I think if we put Vettel, Ricciardo and Alonso in the same car, Alonso would win.

Regarding Verstappen I agree with you. I think he forced Red Bull to promote him through his father and he is not that good, he has to learn a lot to become something. I hope Sainz jr. goes to Renault next season because I think they will have a much better engine by then.

xxpammylanexx escribió:the best of the current drivers, i think, are vettel, ricciardo, button and alonso. and maybe hamilton.....

xxpammylanexx

Mensajepor xxpammylanexx » 07 Oct 2016 23:08

F1Admin escribió:Among those four you mentioned I think Button doesn't belong there. He was world champion thanks to a trick in the car which made it completely dominant. After that, he didn't do anything impressive. I wouldn't include Hamilton either. He's been always driving for a top team and we all know that these last years driving a Mercedes is like taking a stroll and having Rosberg as your team mate is a gift.
I think if we put Vettel, Ricciardo and Alonso in the same car, Alonso would win.

Regarding Verstappen I agree with you. I think he forced Red Bull to promote him through his father and he is not that good, he has to learn a lot to become something. I hope Sainz jr. goes to Renault next season because I think they will have a much better engine by then.

xxpammylanexx escribió:the best of the current drivers, i think, are vettel, ricciardo, button and alonso. and maybe hamilton.....

jenson was already a good driver before he joined brawn. his talent has decreased a bit since after brawn, but i think he's still one of the best drivers because he can read a race and everything around it very well, if that makes any sense. his instincts set him apart from many others and he's probably one of the better drivers in the rain.

when it comes to lewis, i really agree. the only one luckier than him is rosberg because rosberg isn't a very good driver (i think) but he has such a great car that no one can tell he can't drive. so of course lewis is better than rosberg by miles. but i think he wouldn't get to drive for the top teams if he really was bad. i'd like to see him in a bad car to really judge but i think he's good.

i doubt dr marko will let carlos sainz jr go, he'll let kvyat go before sainz jr. and that's a damn shame because he really could do so much better. that said, i would like to see both magnussen and palmer stay at renault to see what they're capable of.

F1Admin
Site Admin

Mensajepor F1Admin » 08 Oct 2016 16:55

Regarding Sainz I think next season won't depend on Marco. I think Sainz doen't want to be stuck in Toro Rosso any longer so he will decide his own future. He has offers on the table no doubt so I think he''l fly unles they offer him a seat in Red Bull which I think is not possible because Riciardo is really good.
I think Red Bull promoted Verstappen to soon...

xxpammylanexx escribió:
i doubt dr marko will let carlos sainz jr go, he'll let kvyat go before sainz jr. and that's a damn shame because he really could do so much better. that said, i would like to see both magnussen and palmer stay at renault to see what they're capable of.

Jimmy Markou

Mensajepor Jimmy Markou » 08 Oct 2016 17:47

Kimi Raikkonen

xxpammylanexx

Mensajepor xxpammylanexx » 10 Oct 2016 01:16

F1Admin escribió:Regarding Sainz I think next season won't depend on Marco. I think Sainz doen't want to be stuck in Toro Rosso any longer so he will decide his own future. He has offers on the table no doubt so I think he''l fly unles they offer him a seat in Red Bull which I think is not possible because Riciardo is really good.
I think Red Bull promoted Verstappen to soon...

xxpammylanexx escribió:

i may be wrong, but i think i've heard or read some place that marko is, in a way, sainz' manager. may have just been this year though. as i said, i'm not sure. and while i think the red bull junior programme is really good, i really do think that sainz has absolutely outgrown it, but he's just stuck. i'd rather verstappen leaves red bull to make more money elsewhere and then sainz moves up and partners with ricciardo.

nandoalonso88

Mensajepor nandoalonso88 » 02 Mar 2017 21:44

There is no doubt for me. Clearly Fernando Alonso. He is probably not the fastest man of the grid in qualifying but in race he is just a cut above the others. It's really shame that he has always made wrong choices since he left McLaren in 2007. Without that, he would probably have five or six championship in the pocket.

Volver a “Hablemos de F1/Let's talk about F1”