Non-Championship races

si tienes alguna preferencia, pide la carrera y el año e intentaremos subirla la primera.

If you have any preference just ask for the race and year and we'll try to upload it at the first place.
GV27

Non-Championship races

Mensajepor GV27 » 13 Oct 2016 05:53

I'm pretty sure these are hard to find and I'm not entirely sure how TV contracts worked regarding these but it would be interesting if it was possible to find some of these. Things like the Race of Champions at Brands Hatch, the Dino Ferrari Grand Prix at Imola 1979, etc.

I could provide a list of Non-Championship races if necessary. I admit it's a niche subject, though, so the effort-reward ratio might not be particularly good. On the other hand, as far as "documentation" goes, those would be fantastic items to have.

As a reference, the last Non-Championship F1 race ever was the Race of Champions at Brands Hatch 1983. The few years before that had only a few of these and they might have been broadcast...

F1Admin
Site Admin

Re: Non-Championship races

Mensajepor F1Admin » 13 Oct 2016 09:29

It sound interesting.
I didn't know about these. Can you tell me some of them?
I don't have them but maybe I could have a look....

GV27 escribió:I'm pretty sure these are hard to find and I'm not entirely sure how TV contracts worked regarding these but it would be interesting if it was possible to find some of these. Things like the Race of Champions at Brands Hatch, the Dino Ferrari Grand Prix at Imola 1979, etc.

I could provide a list of Non-Championship races if necessary. I admit it's a niche subject, though, so the effort-reward ratio might not be particularly good. On the other hand, as far as "documentation" goes, those would be fantastic items to have.

As a reference, the last Non-Championship F1 race ever was the Race of Champions at Brands Hatch 1983. The few years before that had only a few of these and they might have been broadcast...
Aunque estemos solos..., más vale solos que...

GV27

Mensajepor GV27 » 13 Oct 2016 14:09

Glad you guys think it's interesting. I'll make a small list.

UPDATE; I will edit the race list to show which ones are uploaded and which ones are not.

NOT UPLOADED:

1983: Race of Champions (Brands Hatch)
1980: Spanish Grand Prix (Jarama)
1979: Gunnar Nilsson Memorial Trophy (Donington Park), Dino Ferrari Grand Prix (Imola)
1977: Race of Champions (Brands Hatch)
1976: Race of Champions (Brands Hatch), BRDC International Trophy (Silverstone)
1975: Race of Champions (Brands Hatch), BRDC International Trophy (Silverstone), Swiss Grand Prix (Dijon)*
1974: Presidente Medici Grand Prix (Brasilia), Race of Champions (Brands Hatch), BRDC International Trophy (Silverstone)
1973: Race of Champions (Brands Hatch), BRDC International Trophy (Silverstone)
1972: Race of Champions (Brands Hatch), Brazilian Grand Prix (Interlagos), BRDC International Trophy (Silverstone), International Gold Cup (Oulton Park), Italian Republic Grand Prix (Vallelunga), World Championship Victory Race (Brands Hatch)
1971: Argentine Grand Prix (Buenos Aires), Race of Champions (Brands Hatch), Questor Grand Prix (Ontario Motor Speedway), Spring Trophy (Oulton Park), BRDC International Trophy (Silverstone), Rhein-Pokalrennen (Hockenheim), International Gold Cup (Oulton Park), World Championship Victory Race (Brands Hatch)
1970: Race of Champions (Brands Hatch), BRDC International Trophy (Silverstone), International Gold Cup (Oulton Park)
1969: Race of Champions (Brands Hatch), BRDC International Trophy (Silverstone), Madrid Grand Prix (Jarama), International Gold Cup (Oulton Park)
1968: Race of Champions (Brands Hatch), BRDC International Trophy (Silverstone), International Gold Cup (Oulton Park)
1967: Race of Champions (Brands Hatch), Spring Cup (Oulton Park), BRDC International Trophy (Silverstone), Gran Premio di Siracusa (Syracuse), International Gold Cup (Oulton Park), Spanish Grand Prix (Jarama)
1966: South African Grand Prix (Prince George - East London), Gran Premio di Siracusa (Syracuse), BRDC International Trophy (Silverstone), International Gold Cup (Oulton Park)
1965: Cape South Easter Trophy (Killarney), Race of Champions (Brands Hatch), Gran Premio di Siracusa (Syracuse), Sunday Mirror Trophy (Goodwood), BRDC International Trophy (Silverstone), Mediterranean Grand Prix (Pergusa), Rand Grand Prix (Kyalami)
1964: Daily Mirror Trophy (Snetterton), News of the World Trophy (Goodwood), Gran Premio di Siracusa (Syracuse), Aintree 200 (Aintree), BRDC International Trophy (Silverstone), Solitude Grand Prix (Solitude), Mediterranean Grand Prix (Pergusa), Rand Grand Prix (Kyalami)

UPLOADED (Race or Highlights):

1981: South African Grand Prix (Kyalami)
1979: Marlboro / Daily Mail Race of Champions (Brands Hatch)
1978: BRDC International Trophy (Silverstone)

Earlier than 1964, things get a bit crazy with over ten non-championship races per season and I feel it must be rather difficult to get them... assuming they were ever broadcast. Either way, if you guys want, I can prepare the whole list from 1950 to 1963 but I'm not sure if there's anything to be found there.
Última edición por GV27 el 27 Oct 2016 19:05, editado 2 veces en total.

GV27

Mensajepor GV27 » 13 Oct 2016 19:49

Wait until I mention some of the non-championship races of the 50's. There are years with 25 or 30 non-championship races, some of them on the same weekends as others. It's insane. :lol:

05C4R

Mensajepor 05C4R » 14 Oct 2016 06:13

There was also the Tasman Series in Australia and New Zealand at the end of the sixties where drivers like Jim Clark, Graham Hill, Bruce McLaren, Jackie Stewart won races.
In Youtube there is a pair of full races.

To GV27, nice nick remembering Gilles :P .

GV27

Mensajepor GV27 » 14 Oct 2016 13:14

If we're talking Tasman Series, we can't forget the South African F1 championship or the British F1 championship (Aurora F1)!

Glad you noticed, O5C4R! :lol:

05C4R

Mensajepor 05C4R » 14 Oct 2016 15:19

Of course I can't forget the Aurora F1 Championship since I'm Spaniard and there was a Spanish Champion, Emilio de Villota in 1980. :lol:

GV27

Mensajepor GV27 » 14 Oct 2016 15:34

Thought so!!

Dawie1984

Mensajepor Dawie1984 » 16 Oct 2016 01:05

Hi guys

Thank you so much for the awesome work you are doing on this site , its really brilliant and much appreciated

GV27

Mensajepor GV27 » 28 Oct 2016 11:23

Take your time, trilord. What you're doing is gargantuan so at the very least, do it as you see fit!!

Volver a “PETICIONES / REQUESTS”